Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Paper

I think that this paper is straightforward and clear about the symbolism in three short stories. I tried to put everything that came to my mind on the paper. Things I could I have improved on includes:

The introduction talks mainly about the definition of symbolism and then the thesis statement. I really didn't like the thesis statement because it is to simple, but I couldn't come up with anything else. In the first body paragraph, I discuss about the symbolism in "A Clean, Well Lighted Place" by Ernest Hemingway.I got straight to point and talk about symbolism. I think I should have add more transition sentence to make the paper sound better. However, i think that the paper should be straightforward, instead of adding transition sentence to make the paper complicated, so I just kept it the same. In the second body paragraph, I talked about symbolism in Good Country People. This story didn't have much symbolism, so it was hard for me to write about symbolism. However, i tried my best to talk about symbolism in the story. I could have talk more about symbolism in the story but i couldn't think, and I was afraid I was going to make the paper to long. In the third short story, I used lots of examples to show the symbolism in The Things They carried by Tim O' Brien. I think that this was the best paragraph of the paper because I included lots of detail from the story. Conclusion was alright and pretty simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment